- Association of British Insurers
Tel: 020 7600 3333
- British Bankers' Association
- British Standards Institution
Tel: 020 7565 2000
- Business Link for London
- BVCA British Venture Capital Association
- Companies House
Tel: 0870 33 33 636
- Department of Trade and Industry
Tel: 020 7215 5000
- DTI Loan Guarantee Scheme
Tel: 020 7215 5363
- HM Revenue and Customs
Tel: 020 7865 3100
- Law Society
Tel: 020 7242 1222
- Patent Office / Trade Marks Registry
Tel: 01633 814000
- Professional Contractors Group
Tel: 0845 226 5121
- The British Chambers of Commerce
Tel: 020 8996 9000
- The Chartered Institute of Patent Agents
Tel: 020 7405 9450
- UK Business Incubation
Tel: 0121 250 3538
London Business School
- Foundation for Entrepreneurial Management
- London Business School
- Sussex Place Ventures
- Angel News
Angel News … the commercial news service for angel early stage funded companies AngelNews is a FREE focused service for all companies that have been funded by business angels or venture capitalists.
- a new and unique source of funding for SMEs. The facility allows certain categories of investors to buy and sell shares in unquoted companies via a fully online process.
Angels Den connects people seeking funding with business angels via its new and dynamic website www.angelsden.co.uk
- British Business Angels Association
Tel: 0207 089 2305
The British Business Angels Association (BBAA) is the National Trade Association for the UK’s Business Angel Networks and the early stage investment market and is backed by the Department of trade and Industry. Business Plan Services is an Associate Member.
- comprehensive & easy to use grants information database
- London Business Angels
Tel: 0207 089 2303
- for the last 25 years the London Business Angels has been facilitating investment into early stage businesses within the UK.
(National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts) - supports and promotes talent, innovation and creativity through funding and mentoring.
- one London Ltd
- a subsidiary of Greater London Enterprise Limited that provides business loans, support and private investment to the London community.
- Oxford Innovation Ltd
- Oxford Innovation works in a variety of ways to assist the commercial exploitation and development of innovative science and technology.
- PLUS Markets
- a regulated share trading market that acts as a secondary market for the securities of unlisted and unquoted securities.
- Tax Consultants Guide
- The Tax Consultants Guide for all taxation and financial services needs.
- The Capital Fund
- The Capital Fund is a new venture capital fund which has raised £50 million from investors to back fast-growing, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Greater London. The Capital Fund is managed by London Fund Managers, a division of Yorkshire Fund Managers Limited, which is authorised by the FSA.
- The Venture Site
- Top Technology Ventures
- Tornado Insider
- connecting Innovation, Capital and People.
- Annual Abstract of Statistics
- Aslib (the Association for Information Management)
- can provide list of specialist business libraries in the UK.
- British Library
Tel: 0870 444 1500
- The Business & IP Centre, at the British Library in London, has extensive information and assistance resources available to innovators and entrepreneurs.
- retail intelligence from the UK and Europe
- global data collection and in-depth analysis across any industry
- country specific global business analysis.
- a leading provider of global market information with 30 years of research experience.
- a favourite source of information for political polls and current issues.
- research organisation for the food and grocery industry.
- Key Note Ltd
Tel: 020 8783 0755
- Market & Opinion Research International (MORI)
Tel: 020 7890 9000
Tel: 020 7687 1234
- specialist in Online Market Research for startups and pre-startups
- consumer market research
- a central point for all sports industry data.
- Survey Monkey
- create professional online surveys quickly and easily.
- The Market Research Society
Tel: 020 7490 4911
- retail research specialists.
Business Support Services
Beermat.biz is the official website of Mike Southon and Chris West, “The Beermat Entrepreneurs”. Beermat.biz provides free networking events, sales training, Beermat Radio business podcasts, freebies and more - to help you build a great business.
- Best Decisions
- is a strategic consulting firm dedicated to providing rapid business development strategies - and the means to implement them - to ambitious technology companies.
- Business Link for London
- provides tools and services to prepare vital legal paperwork, covering HR & Employment, Health & Safety, Debt Recovery, Contracts & Letters.
Tel: 020 8545 2875
Connect London is a part of the Global Connect network that started in San Diego. Connect helps high growth potential businesses achieve their potential through mentoring, the springboard investment readiness programme, links with Universities, Business and Knowledge Angels.
Tel: 020 7645 8250
IP21 offer a full range of services expected from a leading patent and trademark firm, plus additional commercial and design services.
Tel: 0845 0574065
- pulling together 6 of the best FREE and SPECIAL OFFERS for a full range of support services to help get a business idea off the ground.
- Morris Linney Ltd
- an international executive career consultancy providing a high quality search and selection service to SMEs and Blue-chip clients.
- New Brand Vision
Tel: 0845 123 2900
New Brand Vision is a vibrant award-winning marketing group based in Shoreditch, at the heart of London's new creative district, and is choc-full with some of the industry's brightest talent.
- The RM2 Partnership designs, implements and administers share ownership schemes, share option schemes, share purchase arrangements and other incentive solutions. The firm is recognised as a leader in this field. RM2 is certified to ISO 9001 for share scheme design and administration.
- Striding Out
Tel: 07795 646 646
Striding Out is a pioneering support network for young people, aged 18-30, with enterprising ambitions.
- The Telegraph Business Club